Frequently Asked Questions
Presbyterian Church of Plum Creek's Web Site
Pennsylvania Child Abuse & Criminal History Clearance Information
(Please Notify Us of any broken links or
incorrect instruction steps.)
Required Pennsylvania Clearances - Directions for Volunteers
Volunteers 18 years and older
are required to obtain Pennsylvania Clearances. Please see the
Clearance Application Directions for Volunteers page.
NOTE: If you have lived outside of Pennsylvania at any time within the past 10 years,
then, even as a volunteer, you must apply for the Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report.
College and military service count if you lived outside Pennsylvania.
Otherwise, as a Day Camp volunteer, you are not required to apply for the Federal (FBI)
Criminal History Report. Please print and sign this
Day Camp Volunteer Affirmation
form and submit it along with your other clearance forms.
Required Pennsylvania Clearances - Directions for Paid Staff
All Staff personnel,
except Summer Support Staff, are required to obtain and show current Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check,
Child Abuse Clearance, and Federal (FBI Fingerprint) Criminal History Report
clearances prior to the start of staff training week.
If you do not already have current clearances, you may use the links below to apply for them. Apply for your
Criminal Background Check first, then your Child Abuse History Clearance, then your Federal (FBI Fingerprint)
Criminal History Report. Apply and pay for these clearances online, then visit an approved fingerprint site.
Pennsylvania Deptment of Human Services Website
- Child Abuse History Clearance Instructions.
To complete the Child Abuse Clearance application, you will need:
- A valid working Email address;
- The addresses of everywhere you have lived since 1975;
- The full name, relationship, gender, & current age of everyone (parents,
siblings, children, etc.) you have lived with since 1975;
- All of your previous names / maiden names / nicknames.
Online Criminal History Record Check Website
- You can apply online for your Criminal History Record Check; Requires credit card to pay the $22 fee;
Usually receive response while you are online.
- Click on "Submit a New Record Check"
- Read and click to "accept" the Terms and Conditions for the use of PATCH
- Select "Individual Request" and click "Continue"
- Complete the Personal Information Page
- Reason for Request: Employment
- Enter YOUR full name & current address
- Click "next"
- Review Personal Information and verify the information by clicking
- Complete the Record Check Request Form fields and click on "enter this
- A 2nd RCRF screen comes up, don't fill it in - just click
"finished" at bottom of page
- Record Check Request Review - Review and click on "submit"
- Fill in the Credit Card Information screen, then click on "Next"
- You should receive your results within several minutes
- Once the search results page appears, click on the Control Number to open
the details page
- Click on "Certification Form" (Then "OK" in Print Instructions pop-up
window) to access your official clearance document
- "Print" a copy and bring it to the church for their records
- "Save" a PDF copy of your Criminal Record Check Response to your computer
> > > or < < <
Request for Criminal History Record Check Form SP 4-164
- Download, complete, print, & mail form back to the Pennsylvania State Police.
- Select "Individual/NonCriminal Justice Agency" $22 fee block.
- Select Employment block (only) as your Reason for Request.
- Enclose $22 money order with completed Request for Criminal Record Check form.
- Mail to the address on the form.
Online Child Abuse History Clearance Website
- Can apply online for your Child Abuse History Clearance; Requires credit card to pay the $8 fee;
Usually must login again on the next day to receive your response.
- "Create Individual Account" - you will need:
- An email address;
- A 6 - 10 character username;
- A password; minimum length 8 characters; must include at least one
character of each - upper case letter, lower case letter, numeric digit,
- Follow the prompts to create a PA Keystone ID. A temporary password will be
sent to your Email
- Login using your temporary password, follow the prompts for creating your
- Login again using your new password:
- Click "Individual Login"
- Click "Access My Clearances"
- Click "Create Clearance Application"
- Read through and click "Begin" at the bottom of the page
- Application Purpose: Individual 14 years of age or older applying for or holding a paid position
as an employee with a program, activity, or service
- Agency Name: Day Camp at Plum Creek
- Enter in your name, birthday, gender, "yes" for Social Security Number,
- Complete the remaining sheets by clicking on the "+" to add an entry,
complete the fields in the pop-up window, click "Add"
- Click on "next" at the bottom of each page
- When you click "next" on the "Household Members" page, you may see a
"Relationship Not Entered" pop-up window. One reason may be that you did not
enter any 'parent' household members. If you have not lived with your parent(s)
since 1975, then click "Continue Anyways"
- Proceed through Review Application Summary, eSignature, Application Payment
("No" code provided by organization), and finally "Submit Application"
- Within minutes you will receive an Email notification that your application
was received. Within 14 days you will receive an Email notification that your
application has been processed
- Login again to print your clearance document
> > > or < < <
Child Abuse History Clearance Form CY 113
- Download, print, complete, & mail form back to the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare.
- Purpose of Certification: An individual 14 years of age or older applying for or holding a paid position
as an employee with a program, activity, or service.
- Enclose $8 money order, a copy of your Response for Criminal Record Check form, & completed
Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance form.
- Mail to the address on the form.
Online Federal (FBI Fingerprint) Criminal History Report Website
- You can apply online for your FBI Fingerprint Criminal History Record Check;
Requires credit card to pay the $25.75 fee.
- Click "Department of Human Services"
- Click on "Register Online" on the right side of the screen
- Accept the Memorandum of Understanding by clicking the check box, then click "Continue"
- Fill out the form (Reason is - Employment with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children)
- You will be required to enter a valid credit card, which will be charged $25.75
- Complete the fields for credit card information.
- Once registered online, print the receipt. You will need to bring the
receipt and photo id to an approved fingerprint site. The following is a list
of approved sites in our area. (Call first to be sure they are open).
|The UPS Store 1835
|The UPS Store 0730
|The UPS Store 5726
|Intermediate Unit 3
- Once your fingerprints have been scanned, keep the receipt as your proof.
The Day Camp at Plum Creek
A Vision of Rev. Dr. John J. Lolla, Jr.